Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Day

Photobucket
When I got up Saturday morning, I thought we were going to the parade. At the last minute we decided to ride the Alpine slide in Jackson. Good thing, because from what I have heard, the parade was cold enough to require hot chocolate and a winter coat. Torrey took the long way, and by long - I mean a dirt road through Wolverine Canyon. It was beautiful. But the one time we ventured out of the car we paid dearly with mosquito bites. We stopped in Alpine for a picnic. That is where these photos were taken. Please disregard the Oreo cookie smiles. We didn't buy a single firework. Can you believe it?
Photobucket
Photobucket
It's unfortunate that this picture isn't a video. It didn't end well. Hana twisted sideways. Instead of landing on her feet, she landed on her hip and arm. Yikes! She recovered quickly enough to try it again.
Photobucket
I love how they are clinging to one another as if they were headed for a waterfall.
Photobucket

2 comments:

slightly insane mother of 5 said...

Okay I have never been afraid of heights, but the older I get the weaker I get. I have to that slide scares me. Not that it is soooo tall, but that is is tall and free standing. I enjoy your pictures.

Photography by Wendy said...

Thanks. I was certain one of the three would take a nose dive off the side, but we were lucky.